Sunday, October 01, 2006

We took a lot of pictures, let me tell you. Here I tried to grab a picture of the Stadhuis from just under it, but as you can see it was too steep to set up the tripod, so the focus is off. The next up is the pile (mountain pile) of bicycles that sits just off to the side of the Stadhuis on Naamsestraat. In Leuven, a Wednesday night is a pretty busy night, since on the weekends all the Belgian students go home, so Wednesday and Thursdays are stupid busy in the bars, so this pile is just pooping massive. There are piles like this all over Leuven, but you'll never catch me on one of those contraptions, because for every one in the pile, there are probably two or three on the street competing with the cars for a slice of the tiny roads. Not me, no sir. Shannon does it, but that just contributes to my admiration.

The upper two are of the area around the Economics faculty (see orientation days post) which is really awesome at night. It's all gated and secluded and dark, with statues and gardens, even if I don't believe they've lit the Economics building itself very well. Just in case you couldn't figure it out, that's Shannon taking a picture of the statue. It was a hard shot, because there's almost no light, but my Cannon has the uber-flash, so I managed to get at least a dark picture.




No comments: