Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The horrible nightmare is over... maybe.

I did well (I think) on my Malebranche exam, I missed the part about "delectations of Grace", which was a stupid point to miss, but I did well on natural judgment and he read my essay while nodding his head consistently. I also got his trick question, which I had been generally warned about, so hopefully I did okay.

Dread, horrible, gut-wrenching LOGIC on the other hand, I'll be lucky if I passed. I took it this morning, with the beginning sense that I had worked hard (flash-cards and everything) and that I was basically prepared. The damn test was only two pages long! I know I got the first question right, but the rest might have been uber crap. I totally missed a lot of the rules for proofs, so I don't think any of them were right, except maybe one or two individual lines. Almost everyone took the full 2 and a half hours, and I feel a little sick now thinking that I might have to retake it. People are in the process of assuring me that this is how a lot of people felt after the exam, and they did fine. I just suck really hard at memorizing things, and for the life of me the big picture does not make sense, so please God let me pass. I'd settle for a 10 or a 9, just don't make me retake it. I just keep muttering to myself and shaking my head: HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE nightmare.

So now the task is to shake off the massive blow to confidence that I've just sustained and try to relax a little before my Dad et. al. arrive on Sunday. I need a freakin' break. I am not going to read a damn book or write a goddamn sentence. The thesis can wait, I am pooping TIRED. In that line, my only plan is to do a whole lot of socializing and sleeping.

Horrible, horrible nightmare. But it's over.

No comments: