Saturday, September 16, 2006


Hrm, so the first post went up without much frill or fanfare, so we'll try to make this one a bit more fancy. I have yet to muster the courage/energy to walk around during the day with a camera, but I have some night pictures to share. I always get motivated right around sunset when it's all beautifully unphotographable.

Let's begin with the Stadhuis, which I will definately have to take better pictures of. It's impossible of course to share the incredible magnificence of this building and how it struck me when I saw it for the first time. I was exhausted, sad, frustrated, overwhelmed and just about to sit my ass down where I was and wait for some miraculous energy to come. Lo, I looked up from my self pity and the frantic search for recognizable street signs and there it was, mocking me. "Shut up, you stupid girl," it said, "here I am, in all my unimaginable glory."

My tiredness wasn't exactly gone, or my sadness, but at least I remembered my place and sucked it up.

No comments: