Saturday, September 16, 2006

So let's discuss my room, which I am in right now, looking forward to sleep, especially since I managed to get to IKEA out in the Belgian boonies today and got myself a proper mattress pad and a good blanket and pillow. I'm no longer roughing it, officially!Here we see the view from the doorway, just after I lugged my devil-take-them belongings up four steep and narrow flights of stairs. I've since changed the bed to be lengthwise under the window, which is probably a bad idea since the heater is that beige square you see right there. But hey, I'm paying for fire insurance right? I'm on the fourth floor (under the roof) so the view isn't much, but it's got that terra-cotta, marble figure European thing going for it.

On the right you'll see my lovely sink area, which really is quite nice compared to some of the ones I saw, and I have both hot and cold water from it, which I've been told is quite luxurious for a student room. Note especially the little plug hanging from the faucet, which is for sponge baths! Alas the shower on my floor blows chunks, so that'll come in handy.

Aright, it's almost midnight here, and ya'll can now picture my going to sleep, so g'night.

2 comments:

DP said...

Eat one of them special waffles they got there, eh, for me, ya hoser. (That would be Wisconsin-speak, hint, hint, as to who this "Dark Precursor" fellow is...) Getting ready to grill much meat at the department social. Mmmmmmm, the flame-kissed magnificence of farm-raised flesh. (More hints.)
Miss ya.

metis said...

Hey Ashley, you know me from my other name Evan. Any hoo, glad to see you're all set up. Looks like you're going to have a good time. Your accomodations look very similar to the ones I had in Berlin--which means you'll probably be out a lot. Daivid Hoinsky loved it and no doubt you will also. I'm TAing w/ Polansky--woohoo! Well, the philosophy "picnic" is today & you'll be happy to know 5 Duquesne basketball players were shot (none critically so far) on campus last night. Lord. Well, I have a paper due Thursday. Trying to show why we should buy Aristotle's argument that the soul and the body are really one in being and not two. Screw Descartes. Oh, don't forget to disco!
Best,
Evan