Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I had all this elaborate stuff planned, so much happened today with Orientation Days and so many pictures were taken. But they scheduled us to the hilt (9:30am-2amish... though the ending time was of course our choice) and the only time I took off was eaten by a faulty dryer at the laundromat, so now I'm drunk and I have no time to explain. Plus I have to get up at 9am to do it all over again.

Suffice it to say, I had fun, this place is great, and philosophy people can still talk up a GD storm even in broken English, through several dozen ounces of strong European beer. I will leave you with this sole picture of a wicked doorknob and promises to tell the whole story either tomorrow or the next day.

ALSO, just as a point of yee-haw--but especially with my Mother in mind--I will be spending my birthday in Brugge, which is called the Venice of the North. I think I will have to buy something shiny for myself, something I will never wear but will keep in a box at my Mother's house so as to wax nostalgic when I pass through my past.

Love,

The Cake (back to her old habits in a new place, huzzah)

No comments: